Amateur Television Network
California Chapter Constitution
Amateur Television Network
California Chapter Constitution
We, the undersigned, wishing to secure for us the pleasures and benefits of an association of persons commonly interested in Amateur Television, constitute ourselves the Amateur Television Network, California Chapter and enact this constitution as our governing law. It shall be our purpose to further the exchange of information and cooperation between members, to promote ATV knowledge, fraternalism and individual operating efficiency, to support the repeater trustee(s) and to so conduct club programs and activities as to advance the general interest and welfare of Amateur Radio in the community.
MEMBERSHIP: Article I
All persons interested in Amateur Television communications shall be eligible for membership. Membership shall be by application and election upon such terms as the club shall provide in its By-Laws.
OFFICERS: Article II
Sec. 1. The officers of this club shall be:
Sec. 2. The President and Vice President of this club shall be elected for a term of one year by ballot of the members present, provided there be a quorum, at the annual meeting. The Secretary/Treasurer is an appointed position.
Sec. 3. Vacancies occurring between elections must be filled by special election at the first regular meeting following the withdrawal or resignation.
Sec. 4. The President and Vice President may be removed by a three-fourths vote of the membership.
Sec. 5. ATN Board of Directors shall consist of the officers and repeater trustee(s).
ATV REPEATERS: Article III:
Sec. 1. All ATN TV repeaters are open to all Radio Amateurs whether or not they are a member and the Voice/Control repeaters are open to all licensed ATN members.
Sec. 2. Equipment donations are to be given without any strings attached. The repeater trustee or custodian has the right to use, maintain, and modify the equipment. When the donated equipment is no longer needed, the person who donated the equipment shall be contacted and given first rights to have the equipment back. If the person who originally donated the equipment doesn’t want the equipment back, then the equipment can be sold and the money put into the club funds.
DUTIES of OFFICERS: Article IV
Sec. 1. The President shall preside at all meetings, and conduct them according to the rules adopted. He/she shall enforce due observance of this Constitution and By-Laws; decide all questions of order; sign all official documents adopted by the club, and perform all other duties pertaining to the office of President.
Sec. 2. The Vice-President shall assume all the duties of the President in His/her absence. In addition, he/she shall organize club activities, plan and recommend contests for operating benefits, and advance club interest and activities as approved by the club.
Sec. 3. The Secretary/Treasurer shall keep a record of the proceedings of all meetings; keep a roll of members, and process membership applications. Take care of correspondence, and mail written meeting notices to each member via the ATN website or directly if needed. He/She is a secondary signatory to club documents in addition to the president.
The Secretary/Treasurer shall receive membership dues and donations, mail out membership certificates to new members keep an accurate account of all monies received and expended and pay bills. At the end of each year he/she shall submit an itemized statement of disbursements and receipts.
MEETINGS: Article IV
The By-Laws shall provide for Winter Business Meeting, Summer Social and special meetings if needed.
DUES: Article V
The club, by majority vote of those present at any winter or summer meeting, may levy upon the general membership such dues or assessments as shall be deemed necessary for the business of the organization. Non-payment of such dues or assessments will after one year’s time will cause that member to be dropped from the membership roll and that member will loose voting and other club membership rights.
MEMBERSHIP ASSISTANCE: Article VI
The club, through designated ATV Demo, Technical/Interference, and Operating Committees will provide operational and technical advice to members concerning equipment design, equipment alignment/maintenance and operation upon request of a member. The club will help organize an ATV Elmer volunteer group to help members with technical assistance.
AMENDMENTS: Article VII
This constitution or By-Laws may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the membership attending the winter meeting with prior notice given before the meeting to allow all members a chance to vote. Proposals for amendments shall be submitted in writing to the president and the president shall contact the other board members to discuss the proposal before notice is given in the newsletter announcing the winter meeting.
1. It shall be the duty of the Secretary / Treasurer to keep the constitution and By-Laws of the club and have the same with him/her at every meeting. He/she shall note all amendments, changes and additions on the constitution and shall provide a copy to members upon request.
2. MEMBERSHIP. Full membership is open to licensed amateurs in good standing. Associate membership is open to interested persons but will not have voting rights or hold office. Membership applications shall be submitted to the Secretary/treasurer. The board of directors has the right to revoke membership of a person who willfully jams a repeater, broadcasts overtly indecent material or other major violation of part 97 FCC rules.
3. MEETINGS. The Winter Yearly Business meeting shall be held during February of each calendar year. The President may call Summer Social and Special meetings. Notices shall be sent to members concerning special meetings via the website or directly to those members who cannot access the website at least two weeks prior to the meeting.
4. DUES. A regular yearly assessment of $50.00 per member is hereby assessed in accordance with the provisions of Article V of the constitution for the purpose of providing funds for expenses.
5. COMMITTIES are appointed by and answer to the president.